A MA in Economics at CGU provides you with a solid grounding in economics, exposure to cutting-edge transdisciplinary research, and commitment to practice, problem solving, and policy shaping.
The MA in Economics develops problem-solving skills using the foundations in economics and the most current advances in empirical research. The program promotes practice-based scholarship that embraces the scientific method to better understand decision-making at the individual and societal levels. You’ll analyze contemporary economics problems and human and market variability, collaborating with top scholars impacting the field today. Our program prepares you to shape policy and advance individual and social well-being in a variety of public- and private-sector careers. Our alumni take different career paths. Some join PhD programs at other institutions, others become analysts, managers, directors, and CEOs at public institutions or private sector firms. One of our graduates served as US Secretary of the Treasury.
- Our program is ranked 17th nationally by TFE Times.
- You will find opportunities for practical application through internships and research projects.
- Our graduates find employment at prominent private-sector firms, Fortune 500 companies, and government.
- THE MA in Economics program is an ideal stepping stone towards studying for a PhD at CGU or another institution.
- You can pursue an MA in Economics in conjunction with another degree program at CGU, such as a PhD in Psychology or Education. You earn a diploma for each degree and “double count” some units from one program to the other to decrease the total units required for graduation.