Los Angeles, the creative capital of the world, is our laboratory.
The MA in Arts Management program provides valuable experience and career-launching connections for a wide range of career paths. Our ties to the vibrant and dynamic Southern California arts community offer practical research on real issues and close interaction with experienced faculty. You will have a first-hand opportunity to master the skills and knowledge to shape the future of arts organizations regionally, nationally, and globally.
Turn your passion into your profession. Arts institutions in the profit and nonprofit sectors are seeking capable managers with an understanding of the arts, culture, and business to head museums, theatre and dance companies, music and arts education organizations, and cultural centers, and who can advocate for the future of the arts. The Arts Management program blends the best of the Drucker School of Management and the School of Arts & Humanities to balance business courses with graduate-level courses in the study of culture, history, and the arts.
- You can explore all options, encompassing for-profit and nonprofit organizational structures in all disciplines.
- Complete your degree in three semesters or customize the time it takes to fit your professional schedule.
- The personalized, seminar-style learning environment includes coursework in arts organization dynamics, legal foundations, cultural policy, evaluation, marketing and communications, fundraising, and strategic planning.
- Take three elective courses in any combination of your choosing, or create a concentration in one area, from a range of options.
- Fellowships and federal work-study opportunities are available.