CGU’s online Master of Science in Evaluation & Applied Research—designed with the acclaimed Claremont Evaluation Center (CEC)—helps you build your evaluation and research expertise, and empowers you to make a meaningful impact.
You’ll work to craft a wide range of international development, education, health, well-being, and positive psychology initiatives. In line with competencies set by the American Evaluation Association (AEA), the largest network of professional evaluators in the country, this degree program will prepare you for a rewarding career in applied research and evaluation with a foundation in state-of-the-art scientific knowledge and mixed-method approaches for creating positive social change.
- Learn what makes evaluators and applied researchers distinct as practicing professionals
- Develop an in-depth understanding of evidence-based systematic inquiry
- Understand the unique circumstances, multiple perspectives, and changing settings of evaluation and applied research and their users/stakeholders
- Focus on determining and monitoring work plans, timelines, resources, and other components needed to complete and deliver an evaluation or applied research study
- Develop an understanding of the human relations and social interactions that ground evaluators’ and applied researchers’ effectiveness for professional practice
Who should apply
- Working professionals seeking the flexibility of an online master’s degree program
- Individuals seeking skills to improve decisions, programs, and policies in a wide variety of settings, including education, health and well-being, and positive psychology
- Professionals seeking a national or international applied research and evaluation career
- Program evaluation is a leading resource in government and human services sectors, as policymakers rely on data-driven research and evaluation as a decision-making tool for programs and funding sources
- There are approximately 115,000 program evaluation positions in the U.S. and the field is expected to grow by 27 percent between 2016 and 2026
- Job titles include: Monitoring and Evaluation Analyst, Research Analyst, Outcomes Specialist, Evaluation Consultant, Research Strategy Analyst, Senior Research Analyst, Evaluation and Research Manager, Inspector General, Chief Evaluation Officer