CGU’s online Master of Science in Evaluation & Applied Research—designed with the acclaimed Claremont Evaluation Center (CEC)—helps you build your evaluation and research expertise, and empowers you to make a meaningful impact.
You’ll work to craft a wide range of international development, education, health, well-being, and positive psychology initiatives. In line with competencies set by the American Evaluation Association (AEA), the largest network of professional evaluators in the country, the MS in Evaluation & Applied Research will prepare you for a rewarding career in applied research and evaluation with a foundation in state-of-the-art scientific knowledge and mixed-method approaches for creating positive social change.
- Learn what makes evaluators and applied researchers distinct as practicing professionals
- Develop an in-depth understanding of evidence-based systematic inquiry
- Understand the unique circumstances, multiple perspectives, and changing settings of evaluation and applied research and their users/stakeholders
- Focus on determining and monitoring work plans, timelines, resources, and other components needed to complete and deliver an evaluation or applied research study
- Develop an understanding of the human relations and social interactions that ground evaluators’ and applied researchers’ effectiveness for professional practice
Who should apply
- Working professionals seeking the flexibility of an online master’s program
- Individuals seeking skills to improve decisions, programs, and policies in a wide variety of settings, including education, health and well-being, and positive psychology
- Professionals seeking a national or international applied research and evaluation career
- Program evaluation is a leading resource in government and human services sectors, as policymakers rely on data-driven research and evaluation as a decision-making tool for programs and funding sources
- There are approximately 115,000 program evaluation positions in the U.S. and the field is expected to grow by 27 percent between 2016 and 2026
- Job titles include: Monitoring and Evaluation Analyst, Research Analyst, Outcomes Specialist, Evaluation Consultant, Research Strategy Analyst, Senior Research Analyst, Evaluation and Research Manager, Inspector General, Chief Evaluation Officer