The MS in Computational & Applied Mathematics trains you in the analytical and numerical methods of applied mathematics to address and solve pressing challenges in all areas of science and engineering.
Mathematical modeling and scientific computing have become increasingly useful problem-solving tools. You’ll learn analytical and numerical methods of applied mathematics, applying them to problems in physics, biology, engineering, economics, climate science, and more. You’ll work alongside faculty who have extensive backgrounds in applied mathematics, computational science, statistics, financial engineering, industrial modeling, and related fields. Our program produces educated, capable practitioners who excel at communicating knowledge and solving complex mathematical challenges across disciplines. Join a new generation of mathematical scientists ready for leadership roles in education, industry, government laboratories, technology companies, and more.
- IMS partnerships expand your academic opportunities and include:
- A joint PhD in Engineering & Industrial Applied Mathematics with California State University, Long Beach
- Joint MS degree in Mathematics and Financial Engineering with CGU’s Drucker School of Management
- A joint PhD in Computational Science with San Diego State University
- You can pursue an MS in computational and applied mathematics in conjunction with another degree program at CGU, such as a PhD in economics. You receive a diploma for each degree, “double count” some units from one program to the other, and decrease your required total units.
- You can participate in several professional societies: