The MS in Information Systems & Technology (IS&T) offers a technically focused, design-centric curriculum that balances technology and management scholarship to achieve pragmatic solutions to challenges facing society.
The MS in IS&T’s experiential teaching practice teaches you the concepts, skills, and applications necessary to create software and systems that optimize human performance and produce positive societal change. Our programming is flexible to accommodate working professionals looking to augment their skill sets. You will undertake collaborative, industry-oriented research with CGU faculty mentors, who are distinguished IS&T scholars and practitioners who contribute to leading journals, consult for industry-leading organizations, and hold prominent roles at global conferences and international councils. You will analyze, discuss, and contribute to the continuously expanding knowledge bank of information technology, thereby gaining the skills and connections that lead to leadership roles in business, government, education, and more.
- Well-equipped research clinics and laboratories allow you to work directly on applied and academic research; these include the IDEA Lab, Intelligent Systems Lab, and more.
- You can pursue your MS in conjunction with another degree program at CGU, such as a PhD in History. You earn a diploma for each degree, double count some units from one program to the other, and decrease your required total units.
- Our GIS Club convenes students and professionals interested in geographic information systems (GIS) and informs the local community about the latest GIS workshops and conferences.
- Our MSIST program is also offered as a fully online program. Learn more.
- This program is STEM designated, allowing international students who hold F-1 visas to apply for OPT work authorizations for a total of 36 months (an initial 1-year period and a 24-month OPT STEM extension) of paid work experience in the U.S. after graduation.