The MS in Information Systems & Technology with a concentration in GIS Solutions Development uses industry-oriented, design-centric curriculum to teach you GIS applications being used to solve real-world issues around the world.
The concentration in GIS Solutions Development prepares you for a successful career creating transformative GIS solutions for a range of corporations, institutions, and organizations. Rather than simply using these applications, you will be taught the skills to design them: spatial analysis, geodatabase design, and the creation of intelligent map applications. You’ll undertake collaborative, hands-on research with distinguished faculty-scholars and active practitioners in the field, scholarship that will prepare you to become an innovator in the field of GIS technology.
- Designated inaugural Esri Development Center (EDC)
- Located 30 miles from Esri Headquarters (Redlands, California) and NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory (near Pasadena, California)
- Established Advanced GIS Lab, aimed at stimulating student initiated GIS analysis, research, and solutions through corporate partnerships
- Hands-on practicum projects in transdisciplinary labs, including:
- Kay Center for E-Health Research
- Humanitarian Trends
- Annually hosts GIS Day to engage students across different disciplines in the various applications of geospatial data