Offered jointly by the Institute of Mathematical Sciences and the Drucker School of Management, the Master of Science in Financial Engineering (MSFE) provides a flexible, interdisciplinary curriculum that allows you to tailor your studies to your professional goals. Its hallmark: a close integration of finance and mathematics.
The MSFE program provides you the skills to create and evaluate complex financial products to help you become a strategic leader in the field. You will draw on tools from applied math, statistics, and financial and economic theory while integrating managerial concepts and applications. Our program ranks among the top financial engineering programs nationally and gives our graduates excellent preparation for careers in risk management, investment, banking, corporate finance, hedge funds, derivatives, and more.
- Learn from research faculty and experienced practitioners with expertise in areas such as risk management, analytics, and financial technology (FinTech) among others.
- Expand your market value by adding a concentration in data analytics or fintech, or by pursuing a dual degree in mathematics.
- Get practical experience with the Drucker Student Managed Fund and client-based projects through the Engineering & Computational Mathematics Clinic program.
- Receive personalized career guidance from staff and faculty, as well access to a formal mentorship program with members of our MSFE Advisory Board.
- Enjoy access to a Bloomberg terminal and discounted student memberships to the International Association for Quantitative Finance (IAQF).
- Our MSFE program is STEM designated, allowing international graduates of the program to remain in the U.S. for 36 months after graduation and receive work-based training.
- MSFE alumni go on to leadership roles in some of the most prominent financial firms and companies in the world, such as Goldman Sachs, Barclays, and AIG.