The International Scholars Program (ISP) is specially designed for non-native English-speaking international students who are ready for graduate study. It will prepare you for the rigors of graduate study through an integrated cluster of classes that will refine your language, research, and participation skills. ISP is not your typical “language program”; it is designed to help you succeed in graduate-level courses by teaching you about the practices and expectations of American academic and business culture.
Depending upon your level of English proficiency, you will enter at either Module 1 or Module 2. When you achieve a grade of B or better in all of the courses in your Module, you will proceed to the next Module. Upon successful completion of the International Scholars Program, you will proceed to your graduate program of study and receive a certificate.
Academic Entrance Requirements
- You must first be admitted to a CGU academic program to be eligible for the International Scholars Program.
English Entrance Requirements
- Module 1: TOEFL iBT 75-84 / IELTS 6.0
- Module 2: TOEFL iBT 85-94 / IELTS 6.5-7.0
- IELTS scores of 7.0 with no sub-section lower than 6.5 are eligible for direct entry.
Module 1: Weeks 1-8
|IFP 201||Foundations in Graduate Academic Discourse I||12|
|IFP 202||Foundations in Graduate Research I||6|
|IFP 203||Foundations in Graduate Learning Strategies||6|
Module 2: Weeks 9-16
|IFP 251||Foundations in Graduate Academic Discourse II||12|
|IFP 252||Foundations in Graduate Research II||6|
|TNDY 303||Rhetoric & Reasoning Across the Disciplines||6|
|IFP 204||Foundations in Graduate Presentation||3|
Pathways to CGU Graduate Study
- CGU’s letter grading scale will be used to assess student progress.
- Students achieving grades of B or better in all IFP courses will not be required to re-take the IELTS or TOEFL test prior to moving to their degree program.
- Students not achieving grades of B or better in all IFP courses must either re-take the IELTS or TOEFL test to meet the CGU direct-entry requirements or repeat the relevant program modules as advised.
The program is offered two times a year (summer and fall semesters) and follows CGU’s academic calendar. Module 1 begins at the start of the semester and runs for 8 weeks, and Module 2 begins in the middle of the semester and runs for the following 8 weeks. Students should plan to remain at CGU for the entire duration of their Module(s).
Module 1: May 14 – June 29
Module 2: July 2 – August 18
Module 1: September 4 – October 26
Module 2: October 29 – December 22
Program Tuition & Fees 2018-2019*
Module 1: $6,250
Module 2: $6,250
Semester Program: $12,500
*Please be advised that CGU fellowship awards do not apply to International Scholars Program costs.