The International Scholars Program (ISP) equips international, multilingual students with the linguistic, cultural, and communicative competence needed for successful completion of coursework in their chosen field(s) of study at CGU.
The ISP offers preparatory courses for all incoming or current international students.
- You will learn the expectations and genres of North American academic culture while developing your skills in reading, writing, listening, speaking, and presenting.
- You can access complementary programs like workshops, conversation groups, and one-on-one appointments that support CGU’s international student population.
- If you test below your program’s direct entry requirements, the ISP Pathways Program provides a route for you to gain full admission into CGU.
Pathways Program Entrance Requirements
Depending on your level of English proficiency, you may be required to take either both Tiers 1 & 2 or only Tier 2 of the ISP Pathways Program. Achieving a grade of B or better in the courses of a tier enables you to proceed to the next tier. Upon successful completion of the International Scholars Program, you will proceed to your graduate program of study and receive a certificate of achievement.
Academic Entrance Requirements
- You must first be admitted to a CGU academic program to be eligible for the International Scholars Program.
English Entrance Requirements
If you score in these ranges, you will be required to take the ISP Pathways Program.
|Tier 1||Tier 2|
|Start date must be during a module 1||Start any time during a module 1 or 2|
|TOEFL iBT 75–84 / IELTS 6.0–6.4 / Pearson PTE 50–57||TOEFL iBT 85–94 / IELTS 6.5–7.0 / Pearson PTE 58–65|
The ISP Pathways Program utilizes an asynchronous modality with integrated one-on-one synchronous meetings, so you can take the program on your own schedule, from anywhere. During the summer, the program is also offered in a hybrid modality.
- ISP 201: Academic Writing & Research I
- ISP 205: Academic Listening & Speaking I
- ISP 251: Academic Writing & Research II
- ISP 255: Academic Listening & Speaking II
- TNDY 304: Traversing the Transdisciplinary Imagination (optional)*
*TNDY 304 is a 2-unit in-person course, offered as an intensive course over the last 2 weeks of the summer semester only. This course is for students in the hybrid version of the program.
The program is offered asynchronously on a rolling basis throughout the year. It is offered in a hybrid modality only during the summer.
Program Tuition & Fees
Tier 1 Fee: $2,000
Tier 2 Fee: $2,000
Total Program: $4,000
The 2-unit course, TNDY 304, is required for ISP students in the hybrid version of the program. Standard CGU tuition applies.*
*CGU fellowships cannot be applied to Tier Fees, but the optional class tuition may have prorated fellowships applied.