Claremont Graduate University is pleased to offer fellowships to our colleagues from The Claremont Colleges:
- Claremont McKenna College
- Harvey Mudd College
- Keck Graduate Institute
- Pitzer College
- Pomona College
- Scripps College
- The Claremont Colleges Services
CGU recognizes that each of The Claremont Colleges has its own tuition remission and benefits policy that may support their employees, and their spouses and/or dependents.
In addition to whatever benefits may be offered by our consortium partners, CGU is proud to offer its own tuition assistance in the form of fellowships designated specially for alumni, employees, spouses, and dependents of The Claremont Colleges.
This special fellowship program is available to anyone accepted into a degree program at CGU from Fall 2018 forward. In the case of employees and their spouses or dependents, CGU will require annual employment verification submitted to the Office of Admissions.
- For consortium partner employees: Tuition fellowships representing up to $500 per unit.
- For consortium partner spouses and dependents of employees: Up to $12,000 in annual tuition fellowship based on full-time enrollment in 12 units per term. Tuition fellowship adjustments will be made based on the number of units enrolled.
- For alumni of consortium partners: Up to $12,000 in annual tuition fellowship based on full-time enrollment in 12 units per term. Tuition fellowship adjustments will be made based on the number of units enrolled.
- CGU tuition fellowships will be applied to the remaining balance after any tuition benefits offered by the employer.
- Alumni, employees, spouses, or dependents who are already receiving full sponsorship from their employer will not be eligible for the additional fellowship through CGU.
- Alumni of a consortium partner enrolling in an accelerated degree program are only eligible for departmental merit awards.
- If the employer is providing partial sponsorship, the CGU fellowship award may be prorated accordingly.
- Current employees who had begun study at CGU in a term prior to Fall 2018 may be eligible from Fall 2018 forward for funding to support any additional units not covered by their employer.
- Students eligible for departmental merit awards, will receive either the 7C fellowship or the departmental award, whichever is greater, but not both.
- We encourage employees to contact their respective Human Resources office to confirm their institution’s tuition benefit policy.
Other CGU Benefits Specifically for The Claremont Colleges
These additional benefits will be extended to any student, staff, or alumni of The Claremont Colleges.
Application fee waivers
Waiver requests should be submitted in advance of applying online by emailing email@example.com with documentation of enrollment, graduation, or employment status. Fee waivers cannot be granted unless requested in advance.
Individualized attention from designated CGU staff specialists
Starting at the point of inquiry, all interested candidates are assigned a personal departmental admissions representative, who can link prospective students with faculty experts in their area of interest and assist with all enrollment services.
Priority application review and admissions consideration
Expedited review of applications and presentation of application materials to faculty for consideration.
Automatic consideration for departmental fellowships
Applicants will be automatically considered for departmental fellowship awards. In cases where departmental fellowships are merited, CGU will honor whichever award—the 7C fellowship or the departmental fellowship—is greater, but not both.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 909-607-7811.