The Office of Finance & Administration is responsible for the fiscal leadership of Claremont Graduate University. The goal of the office is to provide the academic and administrative leaders of CGU with accurate and timely financial information. Led by Vice President of Finance and Administration/Treasurer Leslie Negritto, the office performs a wide variety of functions, including Human Resources, Information Technology, Facilities, and Finance (which includes Accounting and Budget Preparation).
To meet the requirements under the Statement of Auditing Standards (SAS) No. 112, Claremont Graduate University developed a policies and procedures document for Internal Controls. Internal Controls are an integral part of any organization’s financial and business policies and procedures. They are designed to protect University resources, ensure accuracy in data and secure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
For more information on services, policies, and forms, please see the following dropdown menu.
In addition, the office provides the following services:
- Administrative Policies & Procedures
- Enterprise Risk Management
- Grants & Contracts Accounting
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Investment Management
- Food Services
- Student Housing
In an effort to ensure that all faculty and staff are informed of CGU’s current Policies and Procedures, the Office of Finance and Administration uses PolicyStat to catalog all CGU policies and procedures into one central library. We urge you to visit CGU’s PolicyStat website and look through all of our policies and procedures.
Please note that any necessary form is attached to the policy document.
- University Identification Policy
- Account Number and Object Codes (Requires login)
- Account Structure for CGU
- Budget Adjustment Policy
- Cash Receipts
- Computer Loan and OIT Purchasing Policy
- Financial Reports
- Independent Contractor Agreement
- Journal Entries (Requires login)
- Purchase Card (P-card)
- Petty Cash Fund
- Request For Check (RFC)
- Signature Authority & CUConnect Access
- Travel and Entertainment
- Cell Phone Reimbursement
- Request for Keys
- Office Depot Approval Form
- OIT Purchasing Policy
- Payments to Non-Resident Aliens (has been merged with RFC policy)
- Policy on W2s and 1099s (has been merged with RFC policy)
- Telephone Change Order Instructions
- Use of College Facilities
Grants and contracts, both federal and private, are critical to CGU’s mission of providing research opportunities to faculty and students. Procedures for post award grants and contracts are available here.
CGU has an arrangement with Office Depot for the purchase of office supplies. Each department within CGU should have an account. If additional accounts need to be set up or general ledger codes added to current accounts, please contact the Financial Services Office.