The Master of Fine Arts (MFA) program prepares you to be an effective and engaged artist in a world increasingly in need of independent thinking, consequential debate, creative vision, and responsible action.
We provide artists who work in any media, format, and context the skills and knowledge necessary to lead consequential lives in the arts. During two years of intensive study and sustained work, you will be challenged to clarify your core values and inspired to make works that embody those values in public, where they start conversations, influence others, and stimulate meaningful change.
- Individual studios in the Art and Music Building dedicated to creation and collaboration between artists
- One-on-one studio meetings with internationally recognized artists, critics, and curators
- Two-track program that links your work as a artist to the world in which it takes shape, with seminars focused on arts organization dynamics, community engagement and development, curatorial practices and museum studies
- Use of the state-of-art ceramics facilities at Scripps College
- Access to the faculties and resources from the highly ranked institutions of the Claremont Colleges, including Claremont McKenna, Harvey Mudd, Pitzer, Pomona, and Scripps
- Collaboration with graduate students in the Center for Business & Management of the Arts as well as dual-degree options
- Proximity to the museums, galleries, and events in Los Angeles
- A substantial number of Teaching Assistantship (TA) positions that allow students to gain hands-on teaching experience