Claremont Graduate University (CGU) is committed to providing a valued learning experience for our students and we appreciate the opportunity to enhance that experience. Should an issue be brought to our attention, CGU will take appropriate action to seek resolution. Students are encouraged to pursue our internal resolution process for any complaints before contacting external state sources for resolution.

CGU students are encouraged to first speak to their faculty member if they have an academic issue. If an issue cannot be resolved at that level, a student may contact the academic department for information on how to proceed. The Grievance Policy is located here:

If the issue involves an allegation of academic dishonesty, please review the Academic Honesty Policy which is located at:

If an issue submitted to CGU by a student is unresolved and involves a complaint arising under State laws, the student may contact the BPPE at:

Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education
2535 Capitol Oaks Drive, Suite 400
Sacramento, CA 95833
Telephone: (916) 431-6959
FAX: (916) 263-1897


Other Resolution Options

Students have the right to contact higher education regulatory agencies or an accrediting agency contacts for specific issues.

CGU is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges. Questions about CGU’s compliance with criteria for accreditation can be directed to:

For students who are residents of states outside of California, consumer inquiries also may be directed to the following consumer protection agencies.


Consumer Protection Agencies