For practitioners, by practitioners.
Designed for working technology professionals seeking a flexible, cutting-edge education, the Doctor of Technology (D.Tech.) program employs real-world business and societal challenges to teach essential data analytics, research techniques, management approaches, and leadership skills for driving innovation. Graduates will solve a pressing technology problem in their chosen sector, such as business, healthcare, education, or energy, through an applied capstone project instead writing a traditional dissertation.
A flexible online format enables you to customize a professional doctorate program that suits your needs and current career while preparing for leadership roles ranging from Chief Information Officer and Chief Technology Officer to technology consultant or entrepreneur. Our world-class faculty and distinguished alumni provide mentorship and foster your critical thinking skills to advocate for responsible applications of technology and sustainable development.
- Real-World Applications: Solve an industry problem as your capstone project instead of writing a traditional dissertation. This program focuses on industry-relevant challenges and practical problem-solving, with a curriculum emphasizing use-inspired research to foster technological development and innovation.
- Transdisciplinary: Learn across disciplines to look at problems in new ways and gain insight by taking courses outside your field. Sharpen your skills in communications, leadership, and management by working with experts from a variety of backgrounds — just as you do in professional settings.
- Flexible Online Format: Explore a professional doctoral program that was built to fit your busy schedule. Designed for working professionals, the D.Tech. program allows you to study in the evenings or weekends, with a mix of self-paced coursework and small group interaction.
- Exceptional Industry Connections: Accelerate your career plans by joining a select cohort of senior industry professionals, faculty, and alumni who share your motivation and ambition.
- WASC Accredited: All CGU programs, including D.Tech, are fully accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
Dr. Matthew Muga
Global consultant for Samsung, Apple, Microsoft, Google
Lean Continuous Improvement
Dr. Kevin Williams
Consultant Amazon Web Services (AWS) Architect/AWS Trainer
Cybersecurity, Cloud Computing, Machine Learning, Databases/Data Analytics, Optimization
Dr. Claudia Cáceres
World Health Organization GIS Consultant
Machine Learning and Data Visualization
Dr. Juliette Gutierrez
National GIS Coordinator for SCS Engineers
Esri GIS, SQL, Agile Methodologies