The MA in Art program introduces the fundamentals of contemporary art-making, allowing you to gain the knowledge and skills to understand and thrive in a rapidly changing world.
At a time when art is increasingly integrated with other practices, fields, and careers, and artists are called upon to perform a widening range of tasks, our structured yet highly customizable program gives you the opportunity to become an artist whose works engage the world by changing it.
- Undertake an intensive, one-year course of study that includes one-on-one mentoring, group critiques, seminars, workshops, and lectures
- Collaborate with other students and learn from professional artists and critics
- Benefit from CGU’s proximity to the Los Angeles art community, the largest concentration of arts activity in the country
- Present a final exhibition of your work
- Choose to return and apply your units toward the MFA program