Created by popular demand for alumni and by alumni, the CGU Alumni Association is intended to be a unifying group, giving all 23,226 of us one powerful voice. Regardless of the school, department, or program in which you studied, CGUAA is meant to bring all alumni together for your benefit.
Our mission is to create a mutual and sustainable culture of pride, participation, and philanthropy—aligned with today’s CGU. Active participants will experience the benefits of this association in many ways, including:
- Creating and cultivating career-networking opportunities
- Making new friends with diverse careers and backgrounds.
- Enjoying events organized by the association as well as by our alma mater.
- Receiving wider recognition for our successes in our professions.
Multa lumina lux una.
While various departments within the CGU have created alumni groups at various times in the school’s history, there has never been an all-encompassing alumni group, until now. The CGU Alumni Association was created voluntarily to represent the interests of all CGU alumni. The CGUAA, financially supported by the university, does not replace any group created to benefit alumni of a particular school or department within CGU, nor is it a separate legal entity or 501c3, as some alumni associations are. No financial dues are required for membership.
Any person who is or has been registered as a student with at least one of the following qualifications is automatically a member of CGUAA:
(a) a degreed graduate
(b) a student who has completed any certificate program at CGU
(c) those who have completed at least one academic year or all but dissertation or taken a leave of absence in good standing after one year
With one voice, the CGU Alumni Association brings together our Claremont Graduate University alumni in a “by alumni—for alumni” organization as we create a culture of pride, participation, and philanthropy that benefits individual members and aligns with today’s CGU.
CGUAA Bylaws 2022 (PDF)
The Claremont Graduate University Alumni Association Board was created to develop one association for all CGU alumni. In addition to its being a voice for the alumni of the program from which they graduated, the board is also working on various initiatives to bring all alumni together.
Alumni Board Members for Academic Year 2021-22:
- Steve Kim (EMBA, 2012), Alumni Board President
- Sonja Arnak, EdD (MA, Education,1996)
- Chelsea Boxwell (MFA, 2017)
- Dwight Holmes (EMBA, 2007)
- Aragna Ker (MFA, 2004)
- Amy Komins (MS, Executive Management, 2014)
- Liron Marks (PhD, Psychology, 2016), Secretary
- Maria Morales (PhD, Education, 2019)
- Mustafa Mirza (MA, Government,1978; MBA,1980), Founding President
- Michael Spicer (MBA, 2011), Past President
- Arline Votruba (Graduate Student Council)
- Zenobia Walji (MBA, 1988), Past President
- Margo Welsh (MA, Psychology, 2020)
- Tomo Yagisawa (MBA, 2004)
- Connect to the alumni community digitally by joining the Facebook and LinkedIn groups.
- If you have any questions, please email email@example.com
The Claremont Graduate University Alumni Association is financially supported solely by the university. Your donation to CGU is greatly appreciated.