Created by popular demand for alumni and by alumni, the CGU Alumni Association is intended to be a unifying group, giving all 23,000 of us one powerful voice. Regardless of the school, department, or program in which you studied, CGUAA is meant to bring all alumni together for your benefit.
Our mission is to create a mutual and sustainable culture of pride, participation, and philanthropy—aligned with today’s CGU. Active participants will experience the benefits of this association in many ways, including:
- Creating and cultivating career-networking opportunities
- Making new friends with diverse careers and backgrounds.
- Enjoying events organized by the association as well as by our alma mater.
- Receiving wider recognition for our successes in our professions.
We would like to thank CGU President Len Jessup and the offices of Alumni Engagement and Advancement for their support as we launch this association.
We encourage and welcome you to engage in this new venture.
Multa lumina lux una.
While various departments within the CGU have created alumni groups at various times in the school’s history, there has never been an all-encompassing alumni group, until now. The CGU Alumni Association was created voluntarily to represent the interests of all CGU alumni. The CGUAA, financially supported by the university, does not replace any group created to benefit alumni of a particular school or department within CGU, nor is it a separate legal entity or 501c3, as some alumni associations are. No financial dues are required for membership.
A person who is in one of the following categories and who remains in good standing:
(a) a degreed graduate
(b) an executive program attendee for at least one semester
(c) an exchange student for at least one semester at a CGU-endorsed program
(d) a student who completed at least one semester
(e) an honorary member, appointed from time to time
With one voice, the CGU Alumni Association brings together our Claremont Graduate University alumni in a “by alumni—for alumni” organization as we create a culture of pride, participation, and philanthropy that benefits individual members and aligns with today’s CGU.
The Claremont Graduate University Alumni Association Board was created to develop one association for all CGU alumni. In addition to its being a voice for the alumni of the program from which they graduated, the board is also working on various initiatives to bring all alumni together.
Alumni Board Members for Academic Year 2020-21:
- Michael Spicer (MBA, ’11), Alumni Board President
- Nicole Aragon (MSIST, ’19)
- Sonja Arnak, EdD (MA, Education, ’96)
- Chelsea Boxwell (MFA, ’17)
- Gail D’Souza (MPH, ’18)
- David Dickey (MA, ’09 and PhD, ’10)
- Mark Estrada (MBA, ’13)
- Mariel Frechette (MA, Art Business, ’14)
- Dwight Holmes (EMBA, ’07)
- Frederick Johnson (Graduate Student Council)
- Frances Kellar (MA, ’07)
- Steve Kim (EMBA, ’12)
- Amy Komins (MS, Executive Management, ’14)
- Liron Marks (PhD, ’16)
- Mustafa Mirza (MA, Government, ’78 and MBA, ’80)
- Gloria Willingham-Touré (PhD, Education, ’96)
- Zenobia Walji (MBA, ’88)
- Alison Wong (MA, Art Business, ’16)
- Tomo Yagisawa (MBA, ’04)
- Connect to the alumni community digitally by joining the Facebook and LinkedIn groups.
- Reach out to the alumni board member representing your school, department, or program.
- Contact Michael Spicer, Claremont Graduate University Alumni Association board president or Rachel Jimenez, director of alumni engagement and annual giving if you are interested in joining the board.