In response to the evolving relationship between technology and the arts, this transdisciplinary program is designed for students with an interest in the application of computer and data science to the arts and cultural fields.
Today, technology companies are increasingly interested in arts and cultural applications and partnerships. At the same time, arts and cultural organizations are increasingly working within the digital realm, not just on exhibition and program media and marketing, but on ways of using big data to increase cultural equity, or on proprietary software to run complex productions. This is the world that the arts and technology partnership between the Center for Business & Management of the Arts and the Center for Information Systems & Technology (CISAT) has been established to advance.
Over the course of three semesters, you will complete core courses from the MA in Art Business with CISAT’s MS in Information Systems and Technology. You will also enroll in a handful of specialized courses and take part in an entrepreneurship sequence that culminates with the Startup Studio, where you will develop and pitch your own arts & technology application or initiative.
- Gain core competencies in art business, from finance to strategy to marketing
- Learn from professionals in LA’s arts and cultural community
- Study IS&T topics such as big data, databases, software development, network design, and distributed information systems
- Gain a basic understanding of programming languages such as R, Python, C++, and Java
- Create and present a final capstone project of your own design