Our PhD program promotes practice-based scholarship that embraces the scientific method to better understand how people and societies make decisions.
Students are exposed to cutting-edge research in international economics and behavioral and applied microeconomics. Students are encouraged to collaborate with top scholars impacting the field today. Because we are an all-graduate student program, we mentor our students closely and prepare them for success in a competitive and fast-changing world. We have a long history of both influential research and of training students for careers in academia, government, and the private sector.
- We closely mentor our students throughout their graduate school experience. CGU is an all-graduate institution & its core faculty are dedicated to enhancing our students’ success.
- We offer an active intellectual environment through informal brainstorming groups, and formal workshops and seminars.
- Students can get teaching and research assistantships at CGU and can also gain valuable teaching experience through lectureships in Los Angeles area colleges and universities.
- Our apprentice/experienced practitioner educational model offers our students research experience by involving them in research projects that require problem solving and the application of analytical skills as well as the ability to effectively collaborate as a member of a research team.
- As members of The Claremont Colleges, Economics PhD students have access to one-of-a-kind support from adjunct faculty and the Consortium’s infrastructure that prepare them for career success.