The Claremont Graduate Scholars program at Claremont Graduate University can jump-start your graduate education in museum studies.
This unique partnership between Claremont Graduate University and SUNY Geneseo offers accelerated BA to MA programs in history and cultural studies with a concentration in museum studies. Learn more about the advantages of studying at a graduate-only institution like CGU.
- Earn a specialized graduate degree from CGU in museum studies on an accelerated timeline
- Save on tuition by having to complete fewer graduate courses
- Count up to 12 units of SUNY Geneseo coursework towards your CGU degree
- Gain a competitive advantage in the museums and public history job market
- Start your career sooner
- Apply to either the MA program in history or cultural studies using our streamlined Graduate Scholars Application during your senior year.
- Begin full-time graduate study at CGU following graduation.
- Earn a master’s degree in as little as one year of full-time study.
Some students can complete the CGU portion of the program within one year of full-time study. It may take longer than one year, however, depending on the number of units in which you enroll per semester.
Students admitted into the program will receive a minimum fellowship of $5,000.00 per semester at CGU, making this an inexpensive and high-quality alternative to other graduate programs in museum studies both in the United States and abroad.