The Master of Arts in Art Business is designed for both the aspiring and established professional with a passion for the visual arts and a desire to master the market and management dynamics that drive artistic and commercial values today.
The MA in Art Business prepares you for transformative roles in leading art businesses, initiatives, and organizations. Our focus on market dynamics and entrepreneurship gives you the skills and the knowledge to start your own ventures or build on existing ones. And our extensive network of alumni and professional contacts give you access to the people and resources you will need to make meaningful change in the art world and beyond.
We are the only art business graduate program on the west coast and the only program focused on the Pacific Rim, with courses dedicated to East Asian markets and field study trips to Latin America. We are also the only art business graduate program within a fully accredited, non-profit university, which means we are serving an educational mission as opposed to investors.
- Study full- or part-time with a flexible structure that includes mixes of online, hybrid, and in-person formats.
- Begin in either fall or spring semesters.
- Attend in-person classes, events, and programs hosted at CBMArts’ downtown Los Angeles space at The Reef.
- Work with professional faculty drawn from from LA’s arts and cultural leadership as well scholars from CGU’s Drucker School of Management, School of Arts & Humanities, Center for Information Systems & Technology, and Museum Leadership Institute.
- Access the full curriculum of the MA in Arts Management.
- Experience international and domestic field study travel opportunities. Past trips have included Hong Kong for Art Basel, Shanghai, and Mexico City.