Transform Your Passion into Impact.
Embark on a personalized journey with our comprehensive online teaching credential and master’s program, tailored to be completed in 12 to 18 months. This program is designed to equip you with the expertise and competencies necessary to:
- Utilize your distinct insights and skills to foster engaging and impactful educational experiences.
- Enhance student empowerment and achievement with proven, evidence-based teaching methods.
- Advocate for critical social justice, ensuring every classroom is a space of inclusivity and productive learning.
- Develop the resilience and adaptability needed to thrive as an educator, both at the outset and throughout your career.
Our coursework is integrated within a supportive cohort model, intentionally structured to expand both your professional network and personal growth. With academic and clinical support from a team of diverse and seasoned educators, you’ll engage in a reciprocal learning environment where your voice helps shape the future of education.
Our Commitment to Critical Social Justice in Education
Critical social justice is core to who we are, what we do, and what we value in CGU’s Teacher Education program. The act of teaching alone is not social justice if we are not teaching in ways that honor our students and communities. For us, critical social justice is not an empty gesture or a checklist, but rather a challenging, humbling, love-soaked, reflective practice that takes practice. We operate from the premise that schools are not neutral because they contain and reflect the inequities deeply and structurally embedded within our nation. Therefore, we support our students in understanding this landscape so they can:
- Actively seek and make change that disrupts inhumane, unjust, and inequitable patterns and practices.
- Affirm and empower students (households, communities, colleagues, and ourselves) to harness the resources needed to navigate an unjust world with empathy, savvy, and agency.
- Dismantle systems and practices of oppression and reimagine love-soaked, empowering ecologies.
To enact our values, we developed Critical Social Justice Competencies that guide our faculty’s and students’ teaching practices, we elevate scholarship and experiences of diverse voices, and we center collective wellness and community in everything we do.