Doctoral study in Positive Organizational Psychology trains scholars whose research seeks to enhance and broaden the human experience within organizational settings.
The applications of positive psychology to improving performance and quality of work are immediate and clear. This distinctive program trains scholars to improve organizational effectiveness and individual work life through advanced research in positive psychology. Ideal for those committed to creating socially responsible organizations, the program explores how to meet the challenges of an increasingly diverse workforce in a global economy and community. You’ll have access to a wide array of collaborative research opportunities. From experience sampling methods to quasi-experimental designs, surveys, and interviews, our faculty and students focus their research on lifelong processes and outcomes of behavior as they affect quality of human life.
- Curriculum and graduate seminars provide students with the theoretical, methodological, and practical experience to pursue careers in academia or in a range of high-level research and consulting positions.
- CGU leaped to the forefront of positive psychology research in 1999, when Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi founded the Quality of Life Research Center, a nonprofit institute that researches a range of cutting-edge issues in positive psychology and provides a forum for scholars from across the globe to extend their research and studies in the field.
- Proximity to organizations in Los Angeles, San Bernardino, and Riverside counties provides many employment and educational opportunities for students.
- All organizational psychology research graduate students are encouraged to gain practical experience through projects, internships, or jobs, often at CGU’s research centers and affiliates, such as the Claremont Evaluation Center or the Health Psychology and Prevention Science Institute.
- All organizational psychology research students who request financial aid receive fellowships. DBOS also regularly hires students for paid teaching assistantships.
- DBOS offers a certificate program and professional development workshops in evaluation and applied methods for those seeking continuing education.