Through its mentor-guided clinical component, the MA in Education with an Education Specialist Instruction Credential prepares highly skilled special education instructors who are ready to hit the ground running.
We believe the best way to prepare great teachers is through real-world experience. In addition to teaching in theory and methods, our program’s internship component provides a mentor-guided teaching experience in a K–12 setting, where every assignment and class is designed to develop the unique skills and strategies you’ll need to succeed in the special education environment. Our program lets you earn your MA in Education while simultaneously getting your Preliminary Education Specialist Instruction Credential. You’ll be mentored by seasoned special education veterans, many of whom have taken time out of the special education arena to pursue doctoral work or to participate in research projects.
Our candidates simultaneously earn their master of arts degree and one of the following credentials:
- Education Specialist Instruction Credential: Mild to Moderate Support Needs: For those who want to work with students who have mild to moderate support needs.
- Education Specialist Instruction Credential: Extensive Support Needs: For those who want to intensively work with students who have moderate to severe support needs.
- Complete your credential and MA in Education in either 12, 18, or 24 months.
- Enjoy the choice between a fully online or 80/20 hybrid program.
- Choose one of 3 completion pathways depending on your career goals.
- Benefit from accessible and affordable program pricing to address the urgent need for teachers in California.
- CGU’S Teacher Education Program has built strong relationships with more than 150 school districts that recognize CGU’s reputation for producing high-quality teachers; the result is ample internship opportunities for our student-teachers.
- Within five years of earning a Preliminary Credential in California, a teacher must earn a Clear Credential from an approved Induction Program. CGU has both a Preliminary Credential Program and an Induction Program.