The Master of Public Health (MPH) program educates students and health professionals in the application of health promotion and disease prevention technologies and interventions to improve and enhance quality of life.
Through an innovative, experiential, and interdisciplinary approach to public health education, MPH students gain a solid foundation in the core areas of public health knowledge while developing expertise in a specific area of practice. You will bring theory and practice to life in real-world settings through our program’s required internship, assessing the unique public health challenges posed by transitioning local communities in Southern California’s Inland Empire. This experience will guide your research, service, and education. Alongside expert faculty, you will collaborate with communities, tribes, and public and private sectors on solutions to major health challenges, expanding their capacities to respond to rapidly evolving public health problems and developing your own leadership potential. You will gain knowledge of emerging trends in global health care and hone skills that prepare you for a wide array of positions in public health, including data management, environmental health, health education, and research.
The Master of Public Health degree is the most widely recognized professional credential for leadership in public health.
- Our program features a critical internship component that gives you structured and supervised field experience with a county, state, federal, or community-based public health agency.
- Choose from of one of three concentrations: Applied Biostatistics & Epidemiology; Health Promotion, Education & Evaluation; or Leadership & Management.
- Seven core courses include Theoretical Foundations in Health Education & Promotion, Biostatistics, Epidemiology, Health Services in the U.S. and Abroad, Environmental & Occupational Health, Grant Writing & Proposal Development, and Foundations of Global Health: An Interdisciplinary Approach.
- The SCGH Student Association provides opportunities for leadership and impact through intellectual, social, and cultural contributions that meet the needs of MPH students through community service, dialogue, and special events.
- You can pursue the Master of Public Health (MPH) in conjunction with another degree program, such as a Masters in Business Administration (MBA) and a Masters in Applied Psychology (MA). You earn a diploma for each degree, and with sharing across programs decreases your required total units.