As alumni of the School of Community & Global Health, you’re eligible for certain membership, networking, and other benefits that can enhance your public health career opportunities and keep you in touch with public health faculty and colleagues.
Delta Omega Honorary Society
In 2016, Claremont Graduate University’s School of Community & Global Health was selected to host a new local chapter of the Delta Omega Honorary Society in Public Health. The society was founded in 1924 to advance the promotion and pursuit of excellence in public health. It has expanded to more than 80 chapters throughout the world and has more than 15,000 members from top echelons of graduate schools and programs of public health, as well as the public health community.
On an annual basis, a select number of top-performing students, alumni, faculty, and honorariums from the School of Community & Global Health are granted membership into Delta Omega.
- Students who are candidates for a graduate degree in public health (MPH, DrPH, PhD) and are in the 10th percentile of the graduating class, 25th percentile academically. Additionally, Chapter Officers who have served their full term and are not yet inducted members of Delta Omega shall be invited for induction.
- Alumni of the School of Community & Global Health who are actively engaged in public health work.
- Faculty members at the School of Community & Global Health.
- Honorary members who possess exceptional qualifications in the field of Public Health.
Student and Alumni Selection: Qualified students who are graduating in the academic year and alumni will be invited to apply for membership via online application on Qualtrics. Invitation will be determined by the school administration to select students who qualify under the membership criteria. An application link will be available on the Chapter and SCGH Alumni website for Alumni to apply on a rolling basis.
Apply here. (Password: ALUMNI2017)
Contact the Delta Omega – Delta Epsilon chapter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Become an SCGH Alumni Ambassador
The SCGH Alumni Ambassador program is a 12-month commitment that identifies and develops SCGH alumni to be exceptional ambassadors of the School of Community & Global Health. SCGH Alumni Ambassadors play an important role in promoting SCGH in the community and participate in networking and social events with other graduates, professionals, and prospective students.
We are seeking committed, outgoing, and socially connected SCGH alumni to join our program beginning spring 2018. Graduates from all SCGH programs are encouraged to apply. Candidates will be selected based on the quality of their submission materials and their availability to serve.
Benefits of Participation
- Plan or join networking and social events with alumni and prospective students
- Play a critical role in building network of SCGH alumni in the field of community & global health
- Support other students in their graduate school experience
- Gain valuable career guidance and support through networking and mentoring events
Alumni Ambassador Candidate Criteria
- Alumni of SCGH
- Passion for public health and connecting with prospective students
- Well-versed and active in social media, including regular use of Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter
- Attending networking events and SCGH recruitment activities
- Interacting prospective students via email or social media
- Supervising MPH interns
- Mentoring early career professionals and current graduate students
For more information, contact us.