Where you can find our Alumni
Blue Shield of California
California Department of Health Services
City of Claremont
City of Montclair Healthy Communities
Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment
County of San Bernardino Public Health
Denver Environmental Health Department
Los Angeles County Department of Public Health
Los Angeles County Department of Health Services
Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority
Oak Ridge National Laboratory
Riverside University Health System/ Public Health
Santa Barbara County Public Health Department
US Department of Transportation
Children’s Hospital Orange County
City of Hope
Community Health Association Inland Southern Region (CHAISR)
Hospital Corporation of America
Inland Empire Health Plan (IEHP)
Médecins Sans Frontieres/Doctors Without Borders
University of California Los Angeles Mattel Children’s Hospital
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF)
World Health Organization (WHO)
EDUCATION/HIGHER EDUCATION (Teaching & Research)
Cal Poly Pomona
California State University Fullerton
California State University Long Beach
California State University Los Angeles
Claremont Graduate University
Claremont McKenna College
Florida International University/Medical School
Johns Hopkins University
Loyola Marymount University
Texas A & M Health Science Center/School of Public Health
University of Arizona Health Sciences Center
University of California, Irvine
University of California, Los Angeles
University of California, San Francisco
University of Maryland
University of South Carolina
University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine
University of Texas, Austin
University of Utah Huntsman Cancer Center
American Cancer Society
American Heart Association
American Lung Association
Center for Health Justice
Community Translational Research Institute (CTRIs)
Beach Cities Health District
Bike San Gabriel Valley
International Committee of the Red Cross
Michigan Public Health Institute
People Assisting the Homeless (PATH)
Public Health Advocates
Special Services for Groups (SSG)
The Heritage Education Group
YWCA San Gabriel Valley
AND OTHER ORGANIZATIONS, UNIVERSITIES, AND COMPANIES
As alumni of the School of Community & Global Health, you’re eligible for certain membership, networking, and other benefits that can enhance your public health career opportunities and keep you in touch with public health faculty and colleagues.
In 2016, Claremont Graduate University’s School of Community & Global Health was selected to host a new local chapter of the Delta Omega Honorary Society in Public Health. The society was founded in 1924 to advance the promotion and pursuit of excellence in public health. It has expanded to more than 80 chapters throughout the world and has more than 15,000 members from top echelons of graduate schools and programs of public health, as well as the public health community.
On an annual basis, a select number of top-performing students, alumni, faculty, and honorariums from the School of Community & Global Health are granted membership into Delta Omega.
- Students who are candidates for a graduate degree in public health (MPH, DrPH, PhD) and are in the 10th percentile of the graduating class, 25th percentile academically. Additionally, Chapter Officers who have served their full term and are not yet inducted members of Delta Omega shall be invited for induction.
- Alumni of the School of Community & Global Health who are actively engaged in public health work.
- Faculty members at the School of Community & Global Health.
- Honorary members who possess exceptional qualifications in the field of Public Health.
Student and Alumni Selection: Qualified students who are graduating in the academic year and alumni will be invited to apply for membership via online application on Qualtrics. Invitation will be determined by the school administration to select students who qualify under the membership criteria. An application link will be available on the Chapter and SCGH Alumni website for Alumni to apply on a rolling basis.
Apply here. (Password: ALUMNI2017)
Contact the Delta Omega – Delta Epsilon chapter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The SCGH Alumni Ambassador program is a 12-month commitment that identifies and develops SCGH alumni to be exceptional ambassadors of the School of Community & Global Health. SCGH Alumni Ambassadors play an important role in promoting SCGH in the community and participate in networking and social events with other graduates, professionals, and prospective students.
We are seeking committed, outgoing, and socially connected SCGH alumni to join our program beginning spring 2018. Graduates from all SCGH programs are encouraged to apply. Candidates will be selected based on the quality of their submission materials and their availability to serve.
Benefits of Participation
- Plan or join networking and social events with alumni and prospective students
- Play a critical role in building network of SCGH alumni in the field of community & global health
- Support other students in their graduate school experience
- Gain valuable career guidance and support through networking and mentoring events
Alumni Ambassador Candidate Criteria
- Alumni of SCGH
- Passion for public health and connecting with prospective students
- Well-versed and active in social media, including regular use of Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter
- Attending networking events and SCGH recruitment activities
- Interacting prospective students via email or social media
- Supervising MPH interns
- Mentoring early career professionals and current graduate students
For more information, contact us.