At the Drucker School, we believe that management is an essential human endeavor. Through our teaching and research, we aspire to be prominent globally in developing leaders and guiding purpose-driven organizations to create a better society.
We advance the practice of management through thought leadership and a personalized approach to graduate education that gives leaders the skills, vision, and strength of mind necessary to transform themselves, their organizations, and their communities.
Our goals reflect a commitment to purpose-driven management and societal improvement. We strive to:
At the Drucker School, students develop the management skills and abilities needed to succeed today while embracing the self-knowledge and sense of purpose to shape a better tomorrow. Our collaborative culture, student-focused teaching, and individualized advising foster exploration and growth for career success. To achieve these results, we:
- Offer an interactive learning experience grounded in practice and delivered by faculty who are highly accessible, dedicated to teaching, and student-centric.
- Infuse purpose, self-knowledge, individual leader development, and societal impact into our curriculum and pedagogy.
- Expand access to our programs via distance learning technologies while maintaining our school’s unique educational experience.
- Improve student quality, retention, and success by strengthening our recruiting and onboarding processes and by developing comprehensive, tailored approaches to each student’s career strategy.
Research conducted at the Drucker School supports CGU’s scholarly enterprise by addressing questions of importance to leaders, managers, and organizations. Whether the research is theoretical or applied, the real-world, societal impact of our work matters to us. To achieve these results, we:
- Attract, develop, and retain outstanding faculty aligned with our values and goals.
- Develop a robust, transdisciplinary research culture by improving research support for all Drucker School faculty, rewarding research output, and providing platforms to share intellectual insights.
- Maximize the impact of our research on management practice in organizations and society.
- Engage graduate students in research and scholarly activities.
Through a combination of deep and broad partnerships, we create opportunities for stakeholders to have a positive impact on organizations and society. Our strategic partnerships leverage Peter Drucker’s philosophies to develop meaningful collaborations with mission-aligned organizations. To achieve these results, we:
- Foster and grow deep partnerships with Drucker-like organizations that have multiple points of engagement with the Drucker School.
- Collaborate with external organizations and academic institutions to enhance our impact, visibility, and financial sustainability.
- Partner and build synergies within CGU and across the Claremont Colleges to leverage complementary strengths aimed at creating a thriving Drucker School.
- Strengthen international collaborations by building on our alumni network and leveraging Peter Drucker’s enduring global legacy.
To flourish, we must ensure that our organization is diverse, equitable, and inclusive and that we make effective engagement a hallmark of the Drucker School. We are committed to growing the Drucker School and believe, as Peter Drucker did, that innovation and marketing are central to all financially sustainable and successful organizations. To achieve these results, we:
- Implement proposals of the Drucker School Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee in support of our diversity plan.
- Grow the school’s enrollment by improving marketing, admissions, and onboarding processes, clarifying the value of the Drucker degree to new audiences, and introducing new programs.
- Create meaningful engagement opportunities for alumni around the globe to support networking, professional development, student success, and a shared passion for the Drucker School.
- Diversify and increase revenues by enhancing donor engagement and philanthropy, growing partnerships, and expanding executive education programs.